Women from all walks of life are members of the QCWA and they join for a variety of reasons. The QCWA means something different to everyone and that’s the way we like it.
Can we help?
MEMBER LOGIN - Click the 'person icon' below . (or the 'arrow in the box icon' above if using mobile).
The Queensland Country Women's Association (QCWA) is committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of personal information. QCWA believes that the responsible use of personal information collected is critical to its objectives and reputation.
Australian Privacy Principles
Personal Information Collection
1.Personal information is any information, including any opinion, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not.
2. Sensitive Information is personal information, which is given a greater level of protection under the APPs, such as information about an individual's health, criminal records, religious beliefs or affiliations or political opinions. QCWA only collects such information where QCWA is permitted to do so under the APPs and if such information is necessary to provide its services or where QCWA is required to collect this information by law.
3. QCWA may invite a Member to provide information about themselves so thatQCWA is able to provide its services to that Member.
4. QCWA collects personal information in a number of different ways, including directly from Members, through online dealings, through written correspondence including but not limited to Membership application forms and from third parties. Personal Information may be collected verbally over the phone or in person, by use of paper forms or online or by other means.
5. In order for QCWA to provide its services to Members or otherwise to deal withMembers, QCWA generally requires a Member's name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address and any other relevant contact details. The type and amount of information necessary will vary depending on the services to be provided.
6. Where it is lawful and reasonable to do so, a Member can remain anonymous or use a pseudonym if that Member wishes to, however it may reduce the type and quality of services QCWA will be able to provide.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
1. The reason QCWA collects personal information is so that it can provideMembers with its services, manage its relationship with Members, communicate with Members effectively and identify which services may best meet a Member's requirements.
2. QCWA may also collect personal information for marketing purposes, statistical analysis, dealing with enquiries or complaints, maintaining records and accounts payments.
3. QCWA may also collect personal information for purposes of developing a mailing list. If QCWA does so, when it uses that personal information QCWA will offer Members on the list an opportunity to be removed from the mailing list, or to 'opt out' from receiving further contact be it by mail or electronically.
4. The personal information collected from Members by QCWA is generally used to:
(a) respond to any requests by Members;
(b) provide Members with information about QCWA's services;
(c) communicate with Members;
(d) provide Members with QCWA's services;
(e) help QCWA to develop, improve, manage and administer all of the services it provides to Members;
(f) ensure that QCWA's business systems are functional and reliable;
(g) conduct marketing activities including market research and gathering feedback;
(h) investigate, respond to or defend claims made against, or involving, QCWA; and
(i) meet QCWA's legal obligations.
5. The personal information a Member provides to QCWA will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
6. QCWA does not share personal information with third parties except as set out below or otherwise as necessary to provide its services or as required by law or other legal processes, and QCWA never sells personal information.
7. The third parties, people or organisations to which QCWA discloses Members personal information may include QCWA's employees, contractors and outsourced service providers who manage the services QCWA provides toMembers (if any), QCWA's affiliated or related entities (including but not limited to the Country Women’s Association of Australia and QCWA's sister organisations), a Member's authorised representatives, QCWA's professional advisers (including its accountants and auditors), government and regulatory authorities and other similar organisations, as required or authorised by law.
8. Personal information collected by QCWA may be transferred to its affiliated or related entities where it is necessary to meet the purpose for which a Member has submitted the information. By submitting data to QCWA electronically, the Member is providing explicit consent to trans-border transmission of data collected (if applicable).
Data Access and Quality
1. QCWA takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
2. A Member can request access to the personal information QCWA holds about the Member if it wishes to do so. If QCWA is unable to provide a Member with access, QCWA will explain why. QCWA reserves its rights to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to a Member's information.
3. A Member can contact QCWA at any time to update that Member's information and QCWA recommends Members do so as and when required. Members can also advise QCWA of changes by electronic means, telephone or letter using the details on QCWA's website.
Online Data and Website
1. "Cookies" (small text files placed on a Member's computer when a Member first visits QCWA's website) may be used on some parts of QCWA's website. Most browsers now recognise when a cookie is offered and permit a Member to refuse or accept it. If a Member is not sure whether the Member's browser has this capability, the Member should check with the software manufacturer or internet service provider.
2. Cookies are primarily used to enhance a Member's online experience and are not used to track the navigational habits of identified visitors, unless QCWA's obtains a Member's permission to do so. If a Member visits the QCWA's website to read or download content, much of the information collected via cookies is statistical only (for example the domain from which the Member accessed the internet, the date and time of access, and the internet address of the website from which the Member linked directly to QCWA's site) and is not personally identifiable. QCWA may use this information about the number of visitors and their use of the sites in aggregate form to make the site more useful and attractive to users.
1. QCWA uses internet service providers that have servers located in Australia, the United States of America and Europe. QCWA may also use, or use in the future, internet service providers that may have servers located overseas, including cloud service providers. This means that a Member's personal information supplied to QCWA online may sometimes be transferred overseas.If a Member elects to provide personal information to QCWA through any of its online services, the Member is deemed to consent to the possible overseas transfer of such information.
2. Apart from the above, QCWA will only transfer Members personal information overseas if:
(a) QCWA is required to do so by law;
(b) QCWA reasonably believes that the recipient will be required to uphold privacy principles which are similar to the APPs;
(c) the Member has consented to the transfer;
(d) it is not practical to obtain the Member's consent or the transfer is for the Member's benefit and the Member's consent is likely to be given;
(e) the transfer of the information is necessary for the performance of a contract between QCWA and the Member; or
(f) QCWA has taken reasonable steps to ensure that its personal information will not be held, used or disclosed by the overseas recipient in a way which does not comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and/or the APPs.
1. QCWA is committed to protecting Members personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and will take reasonable steps to do so.
2. QCWA personnel who have access to personal information have been trained to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
3. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while QCWA strives to protect Members personal information, Members acknowledge that:
(a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond QCWA's control;
(b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between Members and QCWA through the QCWA website cannot be guaranteed; and
(c) such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Adopted: June 2018
The QCWA would like to thank the following for their valued support.